Apply for a TAFP Foundation practice-based research grant
Deadline is Feb. 1, 2011
The TAFP Foundation provides grants of up to $5,000 for practice-based research in Texas. Projects are reviewed by a research committee twice a year. The next deadline for applications is Feb. 1, 2011. Applications must be submitted electronically.
In addition to a completed application, we also ask the investigator to agree to the following criteria:
- Provide the Research Grant Committee with a status report Feb. 1 and June 1 of each year that the project is active indicating the current status of the project and any changes in procedure or timetable anticipated.
- Acknowledge the TAFP-F grant support in the final report and any resulting publications.
- Reimburse the TAFP-F for any funds not used for the project.
- Reimburse the TAFP-F in the amount of the grant if the project leads to the development of a marketable product that renders profit. If profit totals less than the amount of the grant, the investigator will reimburse the total amount of the profits.
- Provide a brief summary report for publication in the TAFP’s magazine, Texas Family Physician, upon completion of the project.
> Information on TAFP Foundation research grants
> Instructions and format for grant application
TAFP Foundation Research is funded in part by the Family Medicine Research Endowment which includes the following research funds:
Richard Garrison, M.D. Research Fund
David Katerndahl, M.D. Research Fund
Carol and Dale Moquist, M.D. Research Fund
For more information about research grants or about starting a research fund, contact Kathy McCarthy, executive director of the TAFP Foundation, at (512) 329-8666, ext 14 or firstname.lastname@example.org.